Saturday, January 2, 2016

Gen 3 Beginning

Gen 2 Rolling With It
Gen 1 letting go




Willie was running out of ways to mourn Sarah
This is getting ridiculous. Seriously. If you leave Willie alone for two seconds, this is where he free-wills himself.





And Willie was free-willing a lot these days, what with Sammy trying to keep his pregnant wife, um, satisfied.


"You going into labor, honey? What a relief-- I mean-- Yay, having a baby!"




"I agree. Yay for baby Sallie. Look at her, world!"




"Hey lady! Who the plumb are you and why are you hoovering over my baby sister?"
"You watch you mouth, young man! That is not the way you speak to your grandmother. And after I waited all this time to meet you two."
"I thought you was dead!"
"Were. . . it's 'I thought you were dead', dear."
"Is you? Are you?"
"I am. And now that I've met you and Sallie, I have only one more tie to un-tether. Bye little ones, I'm so happy and proud of you all. If you'll excuse me, I'm going to vanish in a puff of smoke so I can go talk with your grandfather."



"Oh Sarah. . ."
"Now you listen to me, old man. You don't fool me at all with that dye job! I spent my last days jealous and angry-- for nothing!  Instead of hugging and laughing, I was pooping and punching. You don't spend your last days weeping and wailing."
 "I sometimes wish I hadn't reached my lifelong aspiration. I'd be with you by now if I hadn't."
"You old fool. Come with me."




Remember the first day we met, Willie. You told me you came from way far away just to meet me and I thought you were running a line on me.
When you think of that day, I want you to be happy, not sad.



And when you think of today, the day you release me from this mortal realm, you will be happy. Not sad.
"Third sun on the right. . ."






Sammy is three bestsellers away from reaching his lifetime goal. He wondered if he'd do it before he got to old to savor it. But then again, he didn't want to work so hard on his goal that he missed out on moments like this.



Being a full time mom sure did put a damper on Theresa's dream of being the town's best promoter but that didn't mean she couldn't pull of the mother of all parties for Sammy's first best seller Pumpkin Pee Pumpkin Doo, a toddler's guide to Halloween toilet training.
People talked about it for weeks.




Here's something I know that you don't know cuz you're a dumb baby.






 Our grandpa is an alien spaceman from outer space and our grandma is a ggggghooooost!"
"No they ain't! That's not funny Shane!"


"Yes they is! I mean he is and she was! You were there too. You was just a baby, so you was baby dumb-- not stupid dumb."
"You're not just tryin ta scare me!"
"Scare you? Why would having the coolest grandparents in the universe be scary? I Betcha Alexander Goth wished his grandparents was a see-through spaceship driving super alien."



2 comments: