Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Wishes

Wedding
and Willie




Shane was in a state of panic. Any day now Micaela was going to find out about him. How he still wanted to make drinks and hang out with his buddies playing guitar. He still wanted to make out-there jokes. Inside, he was still a jerk. It was imperative that he move fast before she found out.




 He had to ensure he started every day like this:
He could spend hours watching her sleep. Did watching her while she slept make him a jerk too or just a little creepy? 




It was obvious he had to seal the deal as quickly as possible, before the wheels fell off.

Sarah and Willie got married under the stars and his parents eloped. Shane wanted none of that. He wanted a public, everyone-can-see-she-agreed-to-be-mine wedding so that there was little wiggle room for her once she found out he was still a jerk.





"Do you promise to love me forever, in spite of any guitar playing, drink making, joke telling jerkiness that may come?






"Oh you, silly! I love you because of all of those things. You can do all those things without being a jerk if you try. I know because you don't have a mean trait in your body. Plus, you love me a lot."




"I do."
"I do too."





After the wedding during clean-up, Sammie stumbled on a familiar scene. . .
"Oh dad! It's been so many years and still you mourn. I. . . I've got something I want to show you. It's against the rules but I can't keep it from you any longer. Come inside and let's talk."

Sammie had been holding on to this secret for too long. He needed to help his dad if he could, to hell with the rules. He was feeling guilty he hadn't told Willie sooner.
"Dad, there's this book. I wrote one. It's The Book of Life. If the Lady Up Above Who Runs Things finds out--which she will. . . still. This book of life. It could bring Mom back."
Willie gave a long, soft sigh. "Ah son. I promised you momma the day Sallie was born that I'd let her go. I don't think she's appreciated it much if I brought her back. You know your mom's temper! I'll miss her until the day I die, that's for sure, son. I'll stop missing her soon."






"Pop, you're never gonna die!"









"So you don't mind my drink making and joke telling?"
"So long as you give me a little space and don't care that I'm lazy like you."
"Care? That's what I like best about you! I'm almost kidding. What kind of parents do you think two lazy people will make?"
"Parents?"
"Yeah, that's part of this legacy thing, you know. You mean you didn't know? Too late, you're my wife. You have to love me."
"You and our kids too. I didn't know you wanted them."
"It's cool. There are a lot of people in this big ole house. Somebody's bound to take care of them."
"You silly!"


No comments:

Post a Comment