Monday, January 11, 2016

Two Parties

And a date
with a jerk.


According to Shane, the best thing you could do after having to become an adult was to throw a cocktail party. So that's what he did.


Shane spotted her from across the room. Micheala? No, it was Micaela-- that how she spelled it. He liked her in high school and the last time Shane saw her, she was just a kid.



She wasn't a kid any more.




He didn't get  to speak to her at his party because he was busy at the bar but he kept his eyes on her all night. He'd have his chance with Micaela in a few days at Sallie's birthday party. Because, for sure, he was inviting her.





For her birthday, Sallie aged gracefully.
And with no surprises. She now works for Techtonics LTD and, as you can see by the shape of her, she's a bit of a glutton. And back there, behind Sallie we can see Shane trying his best to get Micaela's attention.



And getting Micaela's attention wasn't as easy as it should have been.
He tried sidling up to her on the dance floor but she was so absorbed in the music she didn't even spare him a glance.







He tried giving her the sexy eyes like Grampa Willie showed him. Success! She finally noticed him!




If Grampa worked once, maybe he'd work again.
"Can See that? Of course you can't, it's day time. But right over there is exactly how far the Same Legacy reaches. Right, Grampoid?" 





By the end of the party Shane had sealed the deal with a friendly hug and a date.




They went to the Rattlesnake Bar where Micaela flirted.






Then Shane made one off-color joke about llamas getting it on with freezer bunnies. . .
and she walks off.




"Hey, what happened? We were on a date!

You wanted to take a nap?! You are a woman after my own heart. Please come back."



"So, while I was waiting for you to come back, I met this here chickie
maybe you two can get together and wink, wink- nudge nu. . . . I'm kidding! Where are you going?"




Shane chased her down. Why was she making him work so hard?
"You're just so beautiful with your daisy dukes and Uggs and lazy-- even lazier than me! How is that even possible? You're just so perfect. Why do you keep running away, Micaela?"
"Because you're kind of a jerk. And I only said 'kind of' to be nice."


He was a jerk? Nah, he couldn't be. He was cool and hip. Sure, some people found his jokes in poor taste but that was because they were too midtown. But Micaela, she wasn't a midtown. She was perfection.

Micaela stifled a laugh when she saw the confusion on Shane's face. "You don't think it was a jerky to ask your date for a threesome with a stranger you only just met?"

"That totes was a joke. I was being cool. . ."
"If you stop trying to be cool all the time, maybe I could figure out if I like you or not. Anyway, I'm tired of standing here. I'm going home to lay on the couch and watch some TV in quiet peace."




Shane took a few days to mull over his disastrous date and then, on his next day off, he invited Micaela over the house.





"I'm glad you've come over and given me a second chance, Micaela."





"You may not know this Micaela but I've lo. . . liked you ever since high school and I want to give you the chance to like me too. Here at home, this is where I am at my most me. With my family."


"Which isn't to say that I don't tell off-color jokes at home. Still do. That is part of me. Anyway, here's me without the cool. It isn't much, sorry."






"Not much? Shane, don't be silly!

This is "totes" the best part of you."




"Hey, Theresa."
"Yeah, Sammy?"
"Looking at those two is giving me ideas. Wanna meet at the spaceship?"
"If the space ship is rockin'. . . ."




















No comments:

Post a Comment